Saturday, February 5, 2011

Aussie Bucket List

I was assigned my housing the other day so my official mailing/physical address for February 14th-June 28th is:

Carly Wheaton
1/39-45 Bream St
Coogee, New South Wales
2034, Australia

I will have 4 other housemates but my own bedroom. From what I have gathered on google maps, my house is only a short bus ride to the Sydney Harbor and to the UNSW campus (most Aussie students commute so there is limited on-campus housing) and only a TEN MINUTE walk to this beach (Coogee Beach):

-----

My Australian Bucket List:

-Hold a koala
-Snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef
-Make friends with someone who owns a boat. I think I'll start by looking for people with nautical-themed pashmina afghans..
-Visit New Zealand and/or Fiji islands
-Learn how to surf!
-Find myself in a scenario in which it might be appropriate to say "Maybe the dingo ate your baby"
-Study by the opera house
-Not study too much...but be able to be a functioning student again when I go back to UM
-Make friends with some Aboriginals and learn as much about their culture as possible, including some language
-BEACH
-Vegemite on toast
-Find 42 Wallaby Way and have lunch with P. Sherman.
-After looking up that last one and finding that there is no such street in all of Australia, I would settle for    getting a picture by a dentist's office somewhere across the harbor from the opera house.
-Perfect my Aussie accent and be able to fool tourists into thinking I am a local
-Take lots of pictures (still crossing my fingers for that digital photography class!)
-Mardi Gras in Sydney!
-Be taught by an Aboriginal how to play a didgeridoo
-Eat kangaroo pizza (highly recommended by a friend)
-On that note, will there be a kangaroo substitute for every meat dish?...McRoo anyone?
-Hike in the Blue Mountains
-Climb the Sydney Harbor Bridge
-Drive a 4WD through some part of the Outback
-Learn a new Aussie slang word everyday
-Get to know Sydney/Kensington/Coogee as well as I know Ann Arbor or Kalamazoo

No comments:

Post a Comment