Tuesday, March 15, 2011

For Mark and Kathy

The other day we were walking through a market set up by the beach in Bondi...outdoor markets are big here on weekends and feature new Australian designers that make their own unique clothes, bags, paintings, etc.  Although you can usually haggle with the vendors, the prices usually start at an unreasonable level, but it's always fun to look around.  We went into one of the stalls that had what looked like vintage t-shirts.  My friend Rob starting freaking out and called me over to see the shirt he had found, and there it was, in the middle of the rack, a really touristy looking "Mackinac Island, Michigan" shirt!!  Who would have thought that all the way in Australia we would find a shirt from the island? Mackinac Island is a place that holds a lot of meaning for many of the members of my family and thinking about it brings back so many incredible memories of my childhood; there is a lot of love associated with that place.  I guess it sounds a little cheesy, but I loved stumbling across this little reminder of the family that is supporting me from home. Heaps and heaps of love to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment