Monday, June 27, 2011

An Adventure of Her Own!

I am now officially done with my academic career at University of New South Wales!! My last exam went well (as it should have because I feel like I've been studying for years..) and now we are headed to my church to say goodbyes to people there, and then staying in to pack everything up.

While I was taking my exam, my mom had some adventures of her own:
Carly's beautiful beach for the last 4 months (Coogee)
After seeing Carly off on the bus to Randwick Race Course for her last exam, I walked the few blocks east to Coogee Beach and started on the seaside walk to Maroubra Beach. This 5 k trail follows the beautiful cliffs that line the coast south of Coogee. It was another warm, breezy, blue sky day... not your typical winter afternoon here in the southern hemisphere!  The solitude and scenery made for a great hike, even though I got a little "lost" when the trail veered into the neighbourhoods a bit . But I found my way... keeping the ocean on my left, ending at another spectacular sweeping cove beach. Taking off my shoes and socks to stroll through the Pacific one more time, I then stopped to read a little in the sun. I even happened to look out at the ocean just in time to see a whale going by in the distance. Then, all by myself, I found the right bus to return to Coogee Beach, completing my adventure just as Carly was finishing her exam. We walked back to the beach a short time later to get a quick dinner from "Chish and Fips", and now we have the job of cramming everything into our suitcases in preparation for the return flight on Wednesday!


The aqua waters of Maroubra Beach.. end of the trail 

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you! Glad you got to hike that trail! Good luck on the packing and the LOOOOOONG flight home! We will be in Detroit to meet you! Stuart got off to orientation alright! Love you two! Derek/Dad xoxo

    ReplyDelete